Class Notes | May 2022
Written by UIC Law
| May 3, 2022
- John P. Maniatis accepted a position as Of Counsel at Arongberg Goldgehn.
- Antonio Romanucci, Partner at Romanucci & Blandin LLC, was named #5 on Leading Lawyers‘ 2022 Top 10 Personal Injury Plaintiffs Lawyers.
- Gary Friedlander, Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel – International with TransUnion, will become Interim Director of UIC Law’s Center for Intellectual Property, Information & Privacy Law on July 1.
- David Brezina (LLM 1988), Of Counsel at Ladas & Perry LLP, has been appointed to the ISBA Section on Intellectual Property Council.
- Karen McNulty Enright, a Partner at Costello, McMahon, Burke & Murphy, Ltd., was named #4 on Leading Lawyers‘ 2022 Top 10 Women Lawyers.
- Hon. William Yu, Associate Judge with the Circuit Court of Cook County’s Domestic Relations Division, delivered the Law School’s 211th Commencement Address.
- Carrie Gaines is now an Attorney at Morrow Willnauer & Church.
- Kimberlie Pearlman accepted a position as Partner at DLA Piper.
- Lance Northcutt was appointed to the Illinois Supreme Court Committee on Professional Responsibility.
- Bridget Duignan, Managing Partner at Latherow & Duignan, was elected Third Vice President of the Illinois State Bar Association.
- Amrith Kaur Aakre, Legal Director for the Sikh Coalition, was named “Attorney of the Week” (Week of May 16) by the South Asian Bar Association of New Jersey.
- Anna Gonis O’Connor, a Partner at Sinars Slowikowski Tomaska LLC, joined the Board of the Directors of the Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Michael B. Duffy accepted as position as Attorney with Fraser Stryker.
- Akeela M. White accepted a position as Partner in the Consumer Financial Services Practice Group at Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP.
- Wasim K. Bleibel, Partner at Locke Lord LLP, was named the 2022-2023 Vice President of the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC).
- Christopher Mermigas accepted a position as Head of Legal at RSA Security (SecurID).
- Normarie Rodriguez-Perez (LLM 2012) accepted an Associate position with Hunker Appeals in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Jacob Shapiro, Vice President of Ivanhoe Cos. and Founding Partner of Shapiro Strane, was named to DBusiness Magazine‘s 2022 “30 in Their Thirties” list.
- Jessica Defino, an Attorney at McSwain, Nagle & Giese, P.C., was elected President of the DuPage County Chapter of the Justinian Society of Lawyers.
- Lian Ernette accepted a position as Associate Branding Counsel at Aristocrat.
- Moira O’Connor accepted a position as Of Counsel in the Chicago office of Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP.
- Stephanie A. Snow was promoted to Chief Assistant Inspector General of the City of Chicago Office of the Inspector General.
- Liat Martinez accepted a position as an IP Associate at Bass, Berry & Sims PLC.
- Stephanie Nikitendo is now an IP Attorney with Braun IP Law, LLC.
- Dania Ballout was sworn in as an Assistant State’s Attorney in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office.
- Destinee Burrell, an Associate with Husch Blackwell and Co-Founder of Light Law, Inc., was featured in a Daily Illini article on May 9 related to a business fellowship she received to aid her nonprofit.
- Madeline Grubbe is now an Associate Attorney with Johnson & Bell.
- Chynnique Ross, a Law Clerk with Elizabeth L. Carter, Esq. LLC and Co-Founder of Light Law, Inc., was featured in a Daily Illini article on May 9 related to a business fellowship she received to aid her nonprofit.
- Joseph Upchurch is now an Attorney with Lavelle Law.