Faculty Activities & Publications | March 2022
Written by UIC Law
| March 11, 2022
Professor Allison K. Bethel
- She was named one of the Oak Park Regional Housing Center’s 2022 Stars of Excellence.
Professor Sonia Bychkov Green
- On March 11, she presented at the “Empire’s Embrace: Russia’s War against Ukraine,” a University of Illinois Chicago event that addressed the war in Ukraine.
- On March 24, she offered her perspective for a WTTW-TV “Chicago Tonight” segment on a local couple having twin girls via surrogate in Ukraine.
Professor Jason Kilborn
- On March 18, he was quoted in a Reuter’s article on “How Russia could use bankruptcy law to punish foreign companies.”
Professor Teri A. McMurtry-Chubb
- On March 22, she was the featured guest for UIC’s Black Faculty Book Share series where she discussed her recent book, Race Unequals, published by Rowman & Littlefield.
- On March 25, she was quoted in a Business Insider article about the confirmation hearings of SCOTUS nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson.
- On March 25, she facilitated a conversation between Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) and law students about the SCOTUS confirmation hearings process.
Professor Steven D. Schwinn
- On March 21, he joined the WGN-TV Morning News and WBEZ’s “Reset” to discuss the confirmation hearings for SCOTUS nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson.
- On March 22, his comments on how recent confirmation hearings are affecting Jackson’s hearings were included in a Christian Science Monitor article.
Distinguished Scholar in Residence
- On March 24, she was quoted in a Chicago Daily Law Bulletin article about the impact Judge Candace Jackson-Akiwumi has made on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.