Class Notes | April 2022
| April 5, 2022
- Gregory K. Harris, U.S Attorney for the Central District of Illinois, was appointed by U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland to serve on the Advisory Committee of U.S. Attorneys.
- Hon. Mathias Delort, Justice on the Illinois Appellate Court, was appointed to the Illinois Supreme Court’s E-Business Policy Advisory Board.
- Hon. William Yu, Associate Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County, was announced as the Law School’s May 2022 Commencement speaker.
- Adam Kelly, Partner with Loeb & Loeb LLP, was awarded the 2022 American Inns of Court Professionalism Award for the Federal Circuit.
- Mark Palmer, Chief Counsel of the Commission on Professionalism, was appointed to the Illinois Supreme Court’s E-Business Policy Advisory Board.
- Will Hansen (JD 2005, LLM 2006), Executive Director at Plan Sponsor Council of America and Chief Government Affairs Officer at American Retirement Association, appeared on a segment of C-SPAN’s Washington Journal to discuss federal legislative efforts to improve the ability to save for retirement.
- James Bernicky, Managing Attorney of the Bernicky Law Firm, was featured in a Naperville Community Television piece on the market homebuyers face in 2022.
- Lauren L. Witkowski, Senior Trial Lawyer with Zurich North America, will be installed as President of the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois in June.
- Felicia L. Ganther was named President of Bucks County Community College in Pennsylvania. She was also named #49 on the City & State Pennsylvania’s Higher Education Power 100.
- Andrea Fuelleman, Partner with Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg, offered her take on “How to Make Partner” in a piece for Law.com.
- Christopher R. Heredia accepted a position as Risk Control Consulting Director at CNA.
- Victor Guo (LLM 2014), an Attorney with Panawell & Partners, published a Managing IP article that explaining why the patent evaluation report plays an important role in Chinese patent infringement litigation.
- Mariana Molina (LLM 2017), President of Bella Vista Development Group in Wilmington, North Carolina, was profiled by Wilmington Biz Magazine in a piece entitled “Breaking Ground.”
- Clarence W. Brown Jr., MD, was elected President of the Illinois State Medical Society.
- Kaylee Willis accepted an Attorney position in Porter Wright’s Chicago office.
- Francesca M. Simoncelli accepted an Associate position with Laner Muchin, Ltd.
- Liam Brannon accepted an Associate position in the St. Louis office of Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice, LLC.
- Matthew Spahr accepted a position as Attorney at Dicker Dicker & Ruiz.