As published by MSN
The John Marshall Law School has proudly honored six of its supporters with the Spirit Award. It is among the highest honors that the law school bestows upon loyal, respected members of its community.
In 2008, the Board of Trustees developed the Spirit Award to honor individuals who best exemplify qualities essential to being ambassadors of John Marshall’s rich tradition of diversity, innovation and opportunity.
“Today’s honorees join an impressive list of men and women who have shaped the law school we know today,” said Leonard Amari, President of the John Marshall Board of Trustees and Managing Partner at Amari & Locallo. “They are extraordinary ambassadors for John Marshall and are selfless in their dedication, leadership and commitment to our law school. This institution changes lives and makes the impossible possible for so many. Today, we thank some of the people whose work has transformed countless lives.”
Four of this year’s recipients are current or former members of John Marshall’s Board of Trustees or Board of Visitors, further exemplifying their commitment to the law school’s continued success.
This year’s Spirit Award recipients are:
- William K. Beach, President and Founder, The Beach Group; Former Associate Dean for the Office of Institutional Development at John Marshall
- Umberto S. Davi (’82), President, Illinois State Bar Association; John Marshall Board of Trustees emeritus
- Jon W. DeMoss, President, CEO of ISBA Mutual Insurance Company; John Marshall Board of Trustees Vice President; John Marshall Board of Visitors member
- Hon. Charles P. Kocoras, U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of Illinois; John Marshall Board of Visitors member; John Marshall adjunct professor
- Warren Lupel (’68), Special Counsel, Much Shelist, P.C.; John Marshall Board of Trustees emeritus
- Joseph R. Marconi (’76), Shareholder and Vice President, Johnson & Bell, Ltd.